PLUS GOLD is specifically formulated to give the optimum wear resistance, coupled with excellent print quality for printing Solar cells. The unique red colour of this emulsion provides superb contrast on steel mesh for ease of inspection.
- Clean room quality; red colour gives excellent contrast on steel mesh; dual-cure photocuring technology for optimum durability; excellent print reproduction.
- PLUS GOLD is a new clean-room compatible emulsion. This ultra high quality, dual-cure emulsion has been specifically formulated for high tolerance screen printing using steel mesh.
- PLUS GOLD is perfect for Solar Cell printing and other applications where durability and quality are the prime requirements
- PLUS GOLD has been specifically developed for applications where very high print quality and durability is required. The unique colour of PLUS GOLD is designed to give the best result on Stainless Steel meshes that are typically used for these applications. PLUS GOLD has been ultra filtered for use in a clean room environment to minimize the possibility of pin-holes or repellencies.
- In addition the resistance to a wide range of water, solvent and co-solvent inks makes PLUS GOLD a suitable direct photostencil for many screen printing applications where high quality is required PLUS GOLD stencils can be decoated using conventional decoating chemicals such as Autostrip.
WORKING INSTRUCTIONS & SAFE HANDLING
Sensitising of Emulsion
Note: New ‘direct addition’ of Diazo
Handle PLUS GOLD under yellow fluorescent tubes or low wattage Tungsten light. PLUS GOLD is supplied as a two pack kit comprising the emulsion and powder sensitiser in a sachet.
- Prior to sensitising read the Safety Data Sheet. Mix the two components as follows:
- Cut the powder diazo sachet open using a pair of scissors (DO NOT OPEN WITH TEETH).
- Add the powder diazo sensitiser DIRECTLY to the emulsion.(DO NOT DISSOLVE THE SENSITISER IN WATER OR ADD ADDITIONAL WATER TO THE EMULSION).
- Stir thoroughly for approximately 2-3 minutes to ensure emulsion is sensitised throughout. Allow the emulsion to de-gas for 15 minutes before use.
For more information on mesh preparation, follow this link: How to Guide – Mesh preparation for PLUS emulsions
Coating & Drying
Stand the screen on edge, angled away from the operator and, using a good quality coating trough, proceed as follows:
- Apply 2 coats to the print of the screen.
- Apply 2 coats to squeegee side.
- The screen should be dried horizontally, squeegee side up and stored under dark or yellow light conditions. Dry the screen at a maximum temperature of 30°C (86°F).
- Additional coatings may be applied to the underside of the screen with intermediate drying.
For more information on coating, follow this link: How to Guide – Coating PLUS emulsions
CORRECT EXPOSURE IS ESSENTIAL FOR OPTIMUM STENCIL PERFORMANCE. UNDEREXPOSURE WILL GIVE A WEAK STENCIL AND REDUCE RESISTANCE.
Remove dust from the surface of the stencil and tape positive in position. Place entire screen in a suitable vacuum frame and expose. We recommend use of the Autotype Exposure Calculator for test exposures to ascertain correct timing. Exposure times below should be used as a guide:-
Exposure Time (minutes)*
* Based on 2+2 coating on 90/cm (230/inch) dyed monofilament polyester mesh.
For more information on exposure, follow this link: How to Guide – Exposing PLUS emulsions
Washout & Drying
Wash out the screen from both sides with a strong spray of water. Continue the washout until all parts of the image appear clean and sharp. Blot off surplus moisture with newsprint or a leather and dry at a maximum temperature of 30°C (86°F).
Spot out blemishes with sensitised emulsion.
Remove ink from the screen, with Autosolve screen cleaner. Apply Autostrip to both sides of the screen. Leave standing for 5 minutes. The stencil can then be removed with a strong water jet or high pressure stripper. If a stain or ghost image still remains, use Autokleen Plus.
For more information on decoating, follow this link: How to Guide – Decoating PLUS emulsions