Autoflex® EB is a high quality, screen printable, hard coated polyester film, consisting of a base polyester and an embossable, texturable, chemically bonded UV-cured hard surface coating. Autoflex also comes with a choice of either a gloss polyester film or an Antiglare polyester film to give you additional control over the look of your final applications.
- Option of finishes; Gloss PET and Antiglare PET.
- Compatible with solvent & UV curing screen inks and many UV curing ink jet printers.
- Embossing capabilities for membrane touch switch applications.
- Compatible with Fototex™ enabling selective texturing to be incorporated on parts.
- Extensive flex life of >5 million actuations.
- Extremely durable and resistant to scratching, scuffing, chemicals and solvents.
- Excellent colour clarity when printed.
- Gloss or Antiglare finishes that are absolutely consistent across the film surface.
- Electro Luminescence Lamps
- Fascia Panels and Overlays
- Medical Applications
- Membrane Touch Switches
- Product Labels and Nameplates
- Touchscreens/ITO Sputtering
Autoflex EB Gloss
Autoflex® EBG130L, EBG180L, EBG250L for solvent graphic inks.
Autoflex® EBG137L, EBG187L for UV graphic inks.
Autoflex EB Antiglare
Autoflex® EBA130L, EBA180L, EBA250L for solvent graphic inks
Autoflex® EBA137L, EBA187L for UV graphic inks
Autoflex® EB has an ink adhesion primer on the second surface. There are two primer options, one for solvent inks, the other for UV inks. These primers provide excellent adhesion to a wide range of graphic inks. For information on which primer is suitable for digital printing please contact - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that some of the electrical and mechanical properties of the 7 series films differ from the standard product.
Polyester films with high gloss surfaces are prone to blocking when stored with the film surfaces touching each other. Blocking is the term given when two surfaces adhere or merge into each other and when separated leave un-removable marks on the film. For this reason MacDermid Autotype supply the Autoflex® film range with a protective laminate and recommend that the laminate remains in place until the first print pass.
Autoflex® EB can be screen printed with Fototex™ to obtain selective textures (see Fototex™ product data sheet).
In common with most other plastics, Autoflex® EB has limited long term resistance to UV light and therefore is not recommended for long term use outdoors. MacDermid Autotype has developed a textured, UV resistant film, which can be used outside. Please see Autotex« XE Product Data Sheet.
No outdoor version of Autoflex® EB is available.
How to Guides
No related guides