The Autotex® range of high quality textured polyester films consist of a base polyester with a flexible, chemically bonded and UV-cured textured coating. With its unique chemistry, Autotex® Softouch brings greater creative possibilities for MTS manufacturers and designers. Its distinctive soft to-the-touch silky texture is incredibly tactile yet robust and still delivers exceptional resistance to a wide range of chemicals, solvents, surface wear, and abrasion. The new flat matt texture of Autotex® Softouch when printed with Windotex™ provides exceptionally high quality glass like window display areas, whilst the surface chemistry minimises dust contamination compared to some other soft touch finishes. Autotex® Softouch can be supplied in roll or sheet format.
- Silky, soft tactile finish.
- Compatible with solvent screen inks, many UV curing ink jet printers and vacuum metalising.
- Embossing capabilities for membrane touch switch applications.
- Compatible with Windotex™ to produce exceptional high clarity printed windows.
- Part of a family of Autotex® films which include Autotex® AM, XE, Steel, Ink Jet, DP.
- A consistent cosmetic tactile finish across the whole surface.
- Screen printed windows with incredible optical clarity.
- Excellent flexibility offering shallow forming and embossing capability.
- Resistant to abrasion, scratching, solvents and chemical.
- Superb colour clarity when printed.
- Fascia Panels and Overlays.
- Medical Applications.
- Membrane Touch Switches.
- Product Labels and Nameplates.
Autotex® Softouch ST150L, ST200L for solvent graphic inks
Autotex® Softouch has an ink adhesion primer on the second surface. The primer confers excellent adhesion to a wide range of solvent based graphic inks. If printing very dark colours in blocks please be aware that the flat matt finish on Autotex® Softouch can soften the finished colour. For a list of the recommended inks please refer to the Autotex® Printing Recommendations data sheet.
A protective laminate is applied to the ink primer surface and should be removed before printing.
Autotex® Softouch is suitable for parts that require embossing or have a shallow formed design. Please refer to the Autotex® Embossing Recommendations Data Sheet.
Autotex® Softouch offers a unique textured surface which is compatible with Windotex™ windowing lacquers. Please refer to Windotex™ Processing & Safety Recommendations Data Sheet. Please note for Autotex® Softouch window printing must occur within 24 hours of the film being exposed to the atmosphere.
In common with most other plastics, Autotex® Softouch has limited long term resistance to UV light and therefore is not recommended for long term use outdoors.
- Autotex Softouch Brochure English (.PDF)
- Autotex Autoflex Product Range (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - Russian (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - German (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - Spanish (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - French (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - Italian (.PDF)
- Autotex Softouch-PDS-English (.PDF)
How to Guides
No related guides