The product is a formable hard coated polycarbonate film available in 180µ with a coating designed to allow shallow formability whilst retaining its abrasion resistant properties. The abrasion resistance and formability of the product is superior compared with conventional hard coated polycarbonates. AutoForm™ M is designed for the lens market and is ideal for robot handling. The film has a hard coated high gloss first surface and a matt second surface producing excellent slip characteristics when handled as the film is supplied without protective laminate on the second surface.
- A formable hard coated polycarbonate film for shallow form Film Insert Moulding (FIM) applications. The product has a matt second surface and a gloss first surface and is currently available in a 180 micron thickness.
- State of the art hardness.
- Abrasion and chemical resistance.
- Ideal for robot handling due to matt second surface.
- Excellent cosmetic quality & durability.
- Shallow formable by thermoforming or pressure forming.
- Matt surface becomes transparent when back moulded with PC resin.
- No sticking when stacked for robot feeding.
- No laminate to remove prior to printing.
- White goods - Home appliance fascias.
- Brown Goods - Electronics fascias.
- Automotive - Heater controls/Interior trim.
- Telecommunications - Mobile Telephones, Pagers.
- All handheld medical and diagnostic devices.
- Fascia Panels.