Autotex® XE is a polyester film, with specially constructed hard coat and primer layers. Unlike conventional films however, that can delaminate, become brittle or flake under extreme conditions; the various layers in Autotex® XE are formulated to resist ultraviolet light, moisture and wide variations in temperature. Conventional films without the special MacDermid Autotype UV resistance go brittle and yellow very quickly when subjected to UV light.
- Designed for use in outdoor applications.
- UV and humidity resistant.
- Option of textures; Fine and Velvet.
- Compatible with solvent & UV curing screen inks and many UV curing ink jet printers.
- Embossing capabilities for touch switch applications.
- Compatible with Windotex™ enabling clear windows to be incorporated on parts.
- Part of a family of Autotex® films which include Autotex® AM, Steel, Softouch, Ink Jet, DP.
- Resistant to UV light.
- Resistant to high humidity and temperatures up to 85%RH/85oC
- Extensive flex life of >5 million actuations (non embossed switches).
- Extremely durable and resistant to scratching, scuffing, chemicals and solvents.
- Excellent colour clarity when printed.
- Tough and highly durable but tactile to touch.
- Low gloss textures that are absolutely consistent across the film.
- Fascia Panels and Overlays.
- Membrane Touch Switches.
- Outdoor MTS, Signage, Fascias.
Autotex® XE Velvet: V150, V200 for solvent graphic inks
Autotex®XE Velvet: V157, V207 for UV graphic inks
Autotex® XE Fine: F150, F200 for solvent graphic inks.
Autotex® XE Fine: F207 for UV graphic inks.
Autotex® XE has an ink adhesion primer on the second surface. There are two primer options, one for solvent inks, the other for UV inks. These primers provides excellent adhesion to a wide range of graphic inks. For information on which primer is suitable for digital printing please contact email@example.com
Windotex™ is not a UV resistant product and is therefore not recommended for prolonged use outdoors. Due to the stabilising chemistry used in Autotex® XE, the adhesion of Windotex™ to the surface may be impaired. Contact MacDermid Autotype for further information.
You May Also Like
How to Guides
No related guides