Autotex® AM is a unique hard coated antimicrobial film incorporating Microban® antimicrobial protection. The Microban® technology is incorporated into the Autotex® AM textured hard coat during the manufacturing process. This process ensures even distribution of the antimicrobial agent throughout the textured hard coat and the film surface. When bacteria come into contact with Autotex®AM with Microban®, the antimicrobial function disrupts the bacterial cell wall killing or inhibiting bacterial growth. The result is that the film surface of Autotex® AM provides dependable and constant protection against bacterial contamination. Autotex® AM is part of the Autotex® film range.
- Incorporates Microban® antimicrobial technology.
- Available in the Fine texture.
- Compatible with solvent & UV curing screen inks.
- Embossing capabilities for membrane touch switch applications.
- Compatible with Windotex™ enabling clear windows to be incorporated on parts.
- Part of a family of Autotex® films which include Autotex® XE, Steel, Softouch, Ink Jet, DP.
- Offers antimicrobial protection against a many bacteria including Ecoli and MRSA.
- Extensive flex life of >5 million actuations.
- Extremely durable and resistant to scratching, scuffing, chemicals and solvents.
- Excellent colour clarity when printed.
- Tough and highly durable but tactile to touch.
- Low gloss textures that are absolutely consistent across the film web.
- Fascia Panels and Overlays.
- Medical Applications.
- Membrane Touch Switches.
Autotex® AM Fine, Autotex® AM F157L, F207L for solvent and UV graphic inks
Autotex® AM with Microban® has an ink adhesion primer on the second surface. This primer confers excellent adhesion to a wide range of solvent based and UV graphic inks. The primer surface is protected with a hazy protective laminate which should be removed before printing.
Autotex® AM can be screen printed with Windotex™ to obtain a clear window (see Windotex™Product Data Sheet).
*NB: Windotex does not offer any antimicrobial protection.
Autotex® AM has limited long term resistance to UV light and therefore is not recommended for long term use outdoors. In order to overcome this issue, MacDermid Autotype has specially developed Autotex® XE, a UV resistant version of Autotex®, please note Autotex® XE does not offer antimicrobial protection.
- Autotex AM-PDS-English (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - Russian (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - German (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - Spanish (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - French (.PDF)
- Autotex Product Range Brochure - Italian (.PDF)
How to Guides
No related guides