Autotex Fine and Velvet
Autotex is a high quality textured polyester film, consisting of a base polyester with a flexible, chemically bonded and UV-cured textured coating.
- Option of textures; Fine and Velvet.
- Compatible with solvent & UV curing screen inks and many UV curing ink jet printers.
- Embossing capabilities for membrane touch switch applications.
- Compatible with Windotex™ enabling clear windows to be incorporated on parts.
- Part of a family of Autotex® films which include Autotex® AM, XE, Steel, Softouch, Ink Jet, DP.
- Extensive flex life of >5 million actuations.
- Extremely durable and resistant to scratching, scuffing, chemicals and solvents.
- Excellent colour clarity when printed.
- Tough and highly durable but tactile to touch.
- Low gloss textures that are absolutely consistent across the film.
- Electro Luminescence Lamps.
- Fascia Panels and Overlays.
- Touchpad / Sensors
- Medical Applications.
- Membrane Touch Switches.
- Product Labels and Nameplates.
Autotex F150, F200, F280 for solvent graphic inks
Autotex F157, F207 for UV graphic inks
Autotex V150, V200, V280 for solvent graphic inks
Autotex V157, V207 for UV graphic inks
Autotex; has an ink adhesion primer on the second surface. There are two primer options, one for solvent inks, the other for UV inks. These primers provides excellent adhesion to a wide range of graphic inks. For information on which primer is suitable for digital printing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that some of the electrical and mechanical properties of the 7 series films differs from the standard product. Please refer to the Autotex® (7 Series) product data sheet.
Autotex® can be screen printed with Windotex™ to obtain a clear window (see Windotex™ product data sheet). Autotex® Fine, because of its lighter texture, will produce clearer windows than Autotex® Velvet.
Autotex® has limited long term resistance to UV light and therefore is not recommended for long term use outdoors. In order to overcome this issue, MacDermid Autotype has specially developed Autotex® XE, a UV resistant version of Autotex®.